Monday, March 6, 2017

How to Practice Loving Kindness Meditation- Guided Meditation Metta Bhavana

Develop loving kindness meditation is a great practice that make yourself feel calm down peaceful and remove all the barriers, hatred, boring as well as restoring humanity and kindness refresh yourself with good feeling. 

People who are sensitive to hatred or feel more bored with something around will find this loving kindness meditation very helpful for their lives because it will help them a lot in dealing with these kinds of things.



Who is the first person you should develop loving kindness towards

First of all it should be developed only towards oneself, doing it repeatedly thus: 
May I be happy and free from suffering
May I keep myself free from enmity, affliction and anxiety and live happily

Wish yourself happiness, good health, good success, harmony, the ability to understand stress and let it go and the strength to overcome problems. Wish yourself freedom of stress, anger, greed, ill-will and envy.

          May I practice to let go of stress
May I practice to let go of anger

Wish yourself joy, equanimity, compassion and kindness, such as "May I appreciate what I have experienced. May I be kind to myself, may I let go of my regrets. Also wish yourself good progress in your life journey such as: "May I grow wiser and gain more skills, may I be more kind to myself more often, may I be more patient and less hasty when I am busy" and so on.

The reason why you should develop loving kindness first toward yourself is to put yourself as example. You know yourself clearly that you want happiness; you want be free from enemy, and be free from all kinds of suffering. So you will understand that others will also want themselves to be happy, to be free from all suffering. These make you feel peaceful, feel you love yourself, then it is suitable for you to do loving kindness to others. 

Develop loving kindness towards others



After doing loving kindness to yourself and you feel your mind is peaceful, calmer, next you can start to develop your loving kindness to others. The next person that you should develop your loving kindness toward is the person who you love and respect such as your teachers, your parents, your good friends or any one you think they are good and respectable. But they should be the same sex with you, not the opposite sex.


You can spend time on each individual person, or as a group if easier and wish them happiness and the same as above. These people you send loving kindness to should be alive, as it can stir up issues in the mind if you send it to the deceased. Much like the previous format directed to ourselves, we then continue by directing the same feelings to others.

May my relatives be happy
May my relatives have good health, freedom from illness and injury etc.
May the people I have learned from be happy, may they have good health
May my friends be happy etc



No comments:

Post a Comment